Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tasty Thursday - Stress Relief Donuts


The packers will here in less than 24 hours.
I have nothing packed for our month on the road.
Yesterday was awful. This week has been the worst!
But I refuse to stress... 

So this morning, after my 14 month old daughter poured out an entire container or sea salt all.over.our. .bedroom. I decided all there was to do was laugh.
(Instead of burying my head under the covers and crying my eyes out)

And make donuts. with hearts.
 

Sure, I still have hours of packing to do.
I'll probably never get it all done and will surely forget things.
But in the grand scheme of things, what does stress do to help the situation?
Nothing.
 
 

The donuts did absolutely nothing for my diet.
And while I absolutely want to be healthy, fit and feel good about myself...
does being the skinniest girl on the beach really matter?
Nope.


The sparkle in those eyes.
Those cinnamon sugar covered hands.
The way her adorable little voice says "YUM" and it sounds like "MUM"...

She is what REALLY matters when all is said and done.
So, maybe I will forget to pack all my underwear.
Walmart is everywhere!
The smiles, the memories, the laughter...
That's what I want to remember from this chapter in our lives.
That's what I want HER to remember.

Let's face it.
We're a military family.
We're going to move... a LOT.
I'd rather make it a fun adventure that a dreaded event full of stress.
And donuts help.
They really do.


Want to make some of these sinfully delicious donuts yourself?
They're EASY. No, really... my baby helped make them!
They take hardly any time at all.



Ingredients:

1 can of biscuit dough (any brand works, we like Grand's - non flaky)
Something round (or heart shaped) to cut a hole in the middle
Vegetable oil
Cinnamon & Sugar mixed together
4 tbsp of melted butter per 8 bicuits

Directions:
Heat up a pan with oil - about 1/2 an inch or so
Open your biscuits and cut them out
One at a time, drop biscuits in the oil
When one side is golden brown, flip to the other side
When both sides are golden, remove from oil and cool
(I used a paper towel lined plate)
When cool to the touch, drop each biscuit into the melted butter
Drain excess butter
Dip into cinnamon and sugar mixture


Eat.
Enjoy.
Laugh.

Feel the stress melt away.
It's not worth stressing over.