Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Waiting and Living

I'm waiting 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
And I am hopeful 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
Though it is painful 
But patiently, I will wait 


As a military spouse, it sometimes feels like I am constantly waiting.  

I'm waiting on my husband to leave so we can countdown to him coming home. I'm waiting to find out where and when we will be moving next. I'm waiting for the right time to continue pursing my own education and career. We are waiting on the right time to try to have our next child.  I'm waiting for a phone call or email that tells me my husband is safe. We are waiting for the "higher ups" to make decisions that affect every aspect of our lives. 

It's hard to wait and it's hard to not be in control.  It's hard to have to turn down wonderful opportunities because so many details in our everyday life are unclear.

I will move ahead, bold and confident 
Taking every step in obedience 
While I'm waiting 
I will serve You 
While I'm waiting 
I will worship 
While I'm waiting 
I will not faint 
I'll be running the race 
Even while I wait 

No matter how hard it is, I've discovered that I have to keep living while I'm waiting. I have to keep serving while I'm waiting, wherever I am. When it's hardest to wait, I have to turn to God and trust in His plan and His timing.

Right now we are in a difficult position. We are waiting for deployment to start. Plans are uncertain. Orders are unspecific. Chaos reins. The rumors are flying. We are just waiting... some days it feels like our life is on hold and we are waiting for it to resume!

Today, I am thankful to be reminded that the Lord has a plan.  While we're waiting, I can be praying that the Lord shows me how He wants me to serve Him during this time. I can pray that the Lord uses my husband for good during his upcoming deployment and that He is protected from all the dangers overseas. I can pray that my daughter and I grow closer together and closer to my husband while he is away.

God has a purpose for my life and I will faithfully wait for Him to show me how I can serve while living this crazy military lifestyle.

I'm waiting 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
And I am peaceful 
I'm waiting on You, Lord 
Though it's not easy 
But faithfully, I will wait 
Yes, I will wait 


Lyrics by John Waller - While I'm Waiting. You can find the video for these lyrics on YouTube.