Wednesday, May 18, 2011

this is the stuff


Have you heard that catchy song by Francesca Battistelli?  

You know, how it goes... 

"Lost my keys in the great unknown, and call me please 'cause I can't find my phone." 

My husband teased me quite a bit when that song came out because it seems like my keys and phone are always missing when I need them not to be.  Don't even get me started on the sunglasses -- I now own 2 pair and keep them stashed strategically throughout the house/car so I don't have to spend precious moments looking for them when I'm running late and trying to get out the door.  

Just in case you've never heard the song, take a listen!


What stuff is getting to me lately?
4 trips to the ER in one week's time.  Having to cancel plans with friends... again.
6 errand stops in 4 hours time with a tired little one. Forgetting trash day.
A house that's never as clean as I'd like it. My brand new phone re-booting every 20 minutes.
Missed phone calls from my deployed husband. Running out of Diet Pepsi just as the baby falls asleep.

This is the stuff that drives me crazy.
It might not be what I choose... but this is the stuff He's using.
In the middle of my little mess, I CANT forget how big I am blessed.

I have an amazing husband, the sweetest baby girl, fantastic friends, a loving family... and a God that is bigger than everything going on in my life!  I am SO blessed!

What little stuff going on in your life is driving you crazy?
I hope you'll stop and take a moment to look at your life and realize just how big YOU are blessed, in the midst of this crazy mess we call life!